Ahs Excavator Operator
Location Gunnedah Job Type Reference JO-1908-97425-1 Posted 21 days ago Would you like to play an integral role in the first Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) on the East Coast of Australia? This exciting project is also a first in Australia for Coal Mining and a first for Whitehaven Coal - be a part of Australia's Mining history. About the Role An opportunity to join the team at Maules creek as an Excavator Operator loading our new AHS fleet. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality excavation using the on board high precision guidance tools. Day to day tasks include:
- Standard excavator duties such as - following the dig plan to meet targets and budget, managing the loading area and materials being dug and monitoring on board excavator health.
- Ensure high quality excavation using the on-board high precision guidance tools.
- Perform AHS tasks including calling-in, spotting and kicking-out of Autonomous Haulage Trucks.
- Monitor the loading area to ensure any obstacles and poor road conditions are reported and addressed to prevent production stoppages.
- Understand and comply with standard operating procedures for operating within the autonomous operating zone- including entry and exit.
- Utilise AHS on board systems to lock and unlock loading bays, define spot positions, calling autonomous haulage trucks to load and kicking them out when loaded
- Advise AHS Controller and Supervisor of any changes in material versus plan.
- The ability to operate 350 - 800 tonne excavators at full capacity - dig rates of over 2500 bcm/hr
- 2 years minimum experience
- Load 315 tonne trucks to capacity.
- Ability to operate associated dozers - d10/d11.
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narribri.
- Associated current VOC's
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing
- Right to work in Australia
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year and be home every night.
- Ultra class and low hour fleet - Hitachi ex8000 and ex3600.
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: