Structures Maintenance Supervisor Level 2
Apply nowJob no:14833
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Transport & Logistics, Maintenance & Operations
In this role you will be responsible for effectively managing the allocation and deployment of resources including personnel, vehicles, equipment and inventory to deliver safe, cost effective and timely track maintenance on behalf of Network.
- Provide effective and efficient management of the workgroup's resources and activities to meet defined work programmes and support the achievement of structures availability and condition targets. Conduct audits of completed work, arrange emergency response and, impose, modify, remove, review and report on speed restrictions as required.
- Prepare and coordinate daily, weekly and monthly work programmes to ensure a high level of structure asset availability in a cost efficient and timely manner, including planning for the on-time availability of labour, material and plant resources.
- Manage training, development, performance, succession planning and the Civil Infrastructure Competency System for staff reporting directly to the position to ensure the labour resource is suitably skilled to effectively and efficiently support delivery of the required services.
- Support achievement of safety and environmental performance targets by actively promoting safe behaviour, implementing strategies to minimise the risk of injury or loss and ensuring compliance with policies, standards and legislative requirements.
- Manage allocated inventory, plant, equipment, motor vehicles, buildings, depots and camps in accordance with policies, standards and regulations to effectively and efficiently meet work requirements.
- Assist with budget monitoring and accurate cost capture. Manage costs for labour, inventory, consumables, plant, equipment and other assets to achieve delivery of the right service at minimum cost.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- previous rail maintenance experience will be highly desirable.
- Supervisory experience
Benefits on offer:
- Salary: Starting from approximately $71k+ penalties for on call and overtime.
- Generous superannuation scheme
- Working a 9-day fortnight
- Career Development
Depending on the location of the successful applicant Fly in Fly Out or Drive in Drive Out arrangements may be considered for Queensland based applicants.
Apply to position number 14833 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9 am, Thursday 17th of December, 2019. Please ensure you attach copies of your qualifications and licences.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity phone 07 3072 1623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application; we can 14833.pdfonly accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment and psychometric testing.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: