Mechanical /electrical Maintenance Fitter
Brisbane Grove, NSW
National Workforce has been providing Staffing solutions to various companies nationally.
Our valued client, Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. Immediate vacancy exists for a Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Fitter for site located in Wacol.
The primary objective of this role:
- Perform maintenance and technical improvements in machines, equipment and installations and ensuring availability of installations to production
- Ensure mechanical and electrical plant & equipment is well maintained and safe to use
- Provide technical support in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic maintenance.
- Fault finding and problem solving for all installations and major breakdowns on site. Support projects and installation work with mechanical and electrical
- Provide mechanical and electrical support and technical expertise to truck production facility.
- Provide advice & recommendations on site technical mechanical and electrical issues including pneumatic, hydraulic installations, electrical installation, instrumentation and PLC maintenance.
- When required provide shift cover to alternate shift, weekends or non-standard production hours
- Utilise Maintenance management system to action and record all work
- Provide competent trade skills to ensure equipment is tested and safe to operate.
- Lead fault finding to gain solutions to technical issues in equipment breakdowns.
- Report on Preventative maintenance/ electrical maintenance issues to the Maintenance Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with VCVA's Environmental Policy, Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
- Other relevant duties as instructed.
Qualifications/ Experience /Skills
- Trade Qualifications
- Relevant Post Trade Qualifications in Pneumatics, Hydraulics would be highly regarded
- Holder of Gas tickets would be a differential
- PLC and CNC programming are highly regarded
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical circuit drawings & schematics
- Good level of Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience in a Plant Maintenance environment
- Strong team working skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels
Successful applicant will need to undergo a mandatory D&A with full physical medical
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: