Seeking 2 experienced construction Expeditors with oil & gas/mining background for major project. Permanent Perth based position, long term projects!
- EXPEDITOR (SMP Construction)
- SOR Perth-based role (NO FIFO) on major project
- Multiple permanent positions available!
Our client is a Tier One Contractor delivering a major SMP Construction project. This position will see you work out of one of their offices based in the southern suburbs of Perth. We are currently seeking multiple, experienced Expeditors to join the procurement team on a permanent basis. Bring your SMP, Mechanical and Electrical procurement and Expeditor experience to an exciting long-term project, located in the south of Perth. As an experienced Expeditor you will work with internal and external stakeholders to compile equipment packages, source select and negotiate best purchasing packages to ensure technical compliance, quality, price terms & delivery. We are seeking an experience Expeditor with demonstratable experience using SAP, MS Office and ERP Systems. You will also have verifiable experience expediting equipment, coordinating deliveries of goods from suppliers, both locally and overseas, managing variation and extension of time claims, produce various reports and monitor inventory to ensure materials are available at the appropriate time. Your responsibilities will include
- Applying technical knowledge and practical skills as an Expeditor using SAP and ERP systems
- Using your Expeditor experience and abilities to ensure equipment packages, personnel and resources are available in line with the project requirements and schedule
- Growing professional relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Meeting and collaborating with management to assess reliability of suppliers and vendors, and to identify solutions for ongoing problems
- Performing clerical duties, and maintaining accurate records and files of activities
- Demonstrated Expeditor experience in previous roles
- Proficient with MS Office package
- Possess a proficient understanding of materials and services procurement
- Experience with SAP in previous roles
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Experience in supply chain flow including warehouse and inventory controls
- Ability to perform under pressure and to time restraints
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Business or Supply Chain Management qualification highly regarded
- Interviewing ASAP
- Commencing early March 2020
You will be working with a Tier One Contractor, on a major SMP construction project able to offer genuine long term security. Perth-based role, no FIFO! Interested?
All communication and your resume are treated strictly confidential and will be kept completely private until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity. Shortlisting will commence immediately, click apply now or please . All communication and your resume is treated strictly confidential and will be kept completely private until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity. To find out more details on this position or any other opportunities in the construction industry, please call Megan on 08 08 9480 0479 Megan Oswald Recruitment Consultant E: W: