Supervisor | Monash Freeway Upgrade Stage 2
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced and highly competent Supervisors with experience working in teams to deliver challenging road projects.
As Supervisor, you will be accountable for:
- Planning, leading, organising and controlling resources to maximise the achievement of the key objectives whilst adhering to the project's systems for execution of works
- Driving a high-performance team by supervising the project works
- Managing subcontractors and direct labour in-line with the project construction schedule
Requirements for this role are:
- Previous experience as a leading hand or supervisor, overseeing concrete or structures form work on large construction projects
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, monitoring and documentation skills
- Demonstrated safety and environmental leadership behaviour
- Demonstrated success in driving team and subcontractor performance
- Ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively to ensure all project goals are achieved
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: