Belgian Gardens, QLD
Vesuvian is a Townsville based multidisciplinary engineering company providing project management and engineering services to the northern Queensland region mining and heavy industry sectors.
We pride ourselves on delivering through an integrated approach and a focus on delivering successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be capable of delivering on scopes of work with the guidance of senior team members. Your technical ability to investigate and understand the fundamental issues associated with client needs, and then design and deliver innovative, practical solutions that will differentiate you.
Key Role Objectives:
- Technical: By developing simple, clever and practical Structural solutions, Clients will view your work as technically excellent.
- Growth & Development: By providing opportunity to grow and extend your current skill set, Vesuvian aim to enable you to develop into a leader in the communities and regions that we service.
- Management: By efficiently completing project work, you will enable projects to be completed ahead of time and under budget.
- Marketing & Business Development: By delivering on your tasks you will continue to develop relationships in the industry and enable Vesuvian to grow.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking structural design tasks from concept through to construction;
- Developing and improving structural design tools for use across the team;
- Assisting with construction including site-based work as required;
- Completing project management tasks including planning, progress reporting, and management of project team;
- Managing small to medium sized project including drafters and engineers of other disciplines;
- Assisting with preparation of proposals in line with your level of experience.
The Ideal Candidate
Our Ideal candidate is an ambitious and technically minded degree qualified Structural Engineer with 3-5 years’ experience. Experience in the Mining and Industrial sectors are desirable, more specifically across steel and concrete designis considered highly advantageous. Some knowledge of structural dynamics and fatigue will also be considered favourable.
Why Join Vesuvian?
We can offer the fantastic career opportunities that come with joining a small team as it starts to grow as well as the ability to genuinely influence the business's direction and success through your personal efforts and simultaneously progress your career as we grow from within.
You will aid our foundation as a new mid-tier engineering company and build up our dynamic and adaptable way to deal with our client's needs.
At Vesuvian we know that our people and our culture are what differentiates us, that is why we host a relaxed and enjoyable working environment by giving our employees the autonomy to deliver their work.In line with this principal we are asking all potential candidates to complete a battery of psychometric and culture fit assessments to ensure we maintain the kind of workplace that, we believe, differentiates us.
If you are interested in progressing your application in this role, please click on the APPLY NOW button and register your details.
We are committed to this process and as such, will endeavour to review and respond to your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to speaking to you!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: