Australia Plains, SA
At Bis, we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
Bis has an opportunities for an experience Auto Electricians to support our Workshop at our Murrin Murrin operation. This is a fly-in-fly-out position from Perth, on a 2 & 1 roster.
Key responsibilities for this role include and not limited to:
- Demonstrate commitment to our goal of Zero Harm to both personnel and equipment;
- Maintenance and repairs of road trains, which may include T1250’s, Mack, Cummins, Kenworth, Scania, Komatsu and Caterpillar;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical faults in a timely and effective manner
- Complete all fleet maintenance and purchasing related documentation
- Will also be required to maintain mobile plant, light vehicles and ancillary equipment.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills / knowledge / qualifications / attributes:
- Auto electrical trade qualification;
- Previous experience in a heavy vehicle workshop, preferably in a Resources environment;
- HR License
- Current air conditioning certification / licence preferred;
- Dogman, forklift and fire suppression certficate highly regarded
- Must have own tools of trade;
- Positive safety attitude.
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and well-being of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: