Strategic Customer Engagements - Deal Team - Structuring, Aws
AWS Australia Pty Ltd
*** This role can be based in Australia, Japan, or Singapore ***
Do you have an aptitude for analyzing opportunities and creating innovative business deals? Do you enjoy working at the intersection of customers and product/service teams to develop commercial outcomes while building consensus across stakeholder groups?
Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) is seeking a senior individual for the Deal Team to focus on commercial innovation for our newest and fastest growing cloud services. You will partner in the critical phases of the Deal Cycle (Strategy, Structuring, Negotiations, and Closure), and be specifically responsible for helping understand and qualify the desired business outcomes for the development of the deal structure. You will consult to the internal AWS service teams on developing commercial business models that can be monetized at scale and in a way that aligns customer outcomes and service team goals. The ideal candidate will have customer facing experience and have an interest in digging into technology use cases, be a proven collaborator across multiple stakeholders, and have a business lens that enables them to distill complex scenarios down to their essentials.
Strategy: Partner with broader sales teams to set objectives, analyze key data, and ensure alignment with technology service teams. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive situation and create an actionable strategy.
Structure: You will be specifically responsible for designing the right deal structure for complex cross-service deals in a way that meets the desired business objectives, addresses competitive considerations, and maximizes the value of the opportunity. This may include analysis of the historical purchasing patterns of the customer, balancing the goals of the customer and AWS, and striking the right bargain.
Negotiations: Experience with customer negotiations focused on the commercial aspects of the deal structure. The individual understands the impact of business terms and pricing and provides alternative solutions.
Closure: Will be able to partner in bringing to contractual closure the confirmed deal structure and framework.
Key responsibilities include:
· Act as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the commercial deal structure. Partner with the execution of the sales cycle (strategy, structuring, negotiation, and closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive opportunities.
· Consult with an influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming goals achievement.
· Facilitate alignment and effective AWS communication within sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
· Cultivate best practices through analysis and reporting in support of continuous improvement.
· Work with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) as needed.
· Regular travels to Japan are to be expected.
· Fluency in Japanese and High Business English communications skills are required
· 10+ years’ experience in product management and/or a deal team building customer impacting strategic and/or complex commercial deals
· Technology use case acumen, ideally in AWS products and services
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
· Experience working with sales teams on structuring of big, complex, and/or competitive opportunities in a technology sales environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience
· Direct field experience in working with customers of all sizes
· Successful track record of driving adoption of new and disruptive technologies
· Experience working inside a product or service team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: